Sunday, November 1, 2009

A CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN

I'm Bob McConnell and I'm running for U.S. Congress. I believe it is time for John Salazar and many others in Congress to retire. I know from talking to people as I travel around Colorado that lots of you are tired of what is happening to our country. I am too. Lots of you are scared that the benefits of all your hard work are being stolen from you. Lots of you are fed up with career politicians who use our tax dollars to ride a gravy train. Career politicians from both parties have used our tax dollars to create a First Class Car for themselves while we ride in the back of the train. While we are paying our mortgages, raising our kids, saying our prayers, and wishing teachers still led the pledge of allegiance in school, they are in the First Class Car. If you haven't peeked in, it is really plush up there. Leather seats, hot and cold running whiskey, their own retirement plan, their own health care plan, automatic pay raises, private barber shop, cafeteria, limos, jets, free mail; the list goes on and on. We pay for all of that. And if that weren't bad enough, every two years, they use our tax dollars to get re-elected so they can stay on the gravy train.

We pay for all the ornaments they put on what I call the "re-elect me Christmas tree," pet projects and ear-marks, and promises that everyone will get everything, and it will all be free. The entire House of "Representatives" does this every two years to get re-elected. George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and all the other patriots who pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor, would be disgusted. Well, you know whose fault it is? It is our fault. We didn't pay enough attention and the seven deadly sins crept into our government in the form of career politicians. They don't understand those of us riding in the back of the train. They don't want to listen to us. They don't hear us when we say we are proud of America. They ignore us when we say, just leave us alone! I've never run for political office. I don't have a political machine or a war chest. I am a citizen leader. I have led men in battle and on Mt. Everest. I am also a recovering lawyer. I carry and actually read the Constitution of the United States. I took an oath as an Army Ranger, to uphold defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign or domestic.

Well, I am wide awake now. The career politicians in the First Class Car have gotten my attention, and I am mad. The greatest engine for economic growth in the history of the world-the free market is being destroyed in front of our eyes. The greatest system in the history of the world to protect individual rights is being taken apart in front of our eyes. We have a czar-infested White House, a totally unresponsive House of "representatives," massive debt being inflicted on our grand children, health care "reform" that doesn't even pretend to reduce the costs that are breaking our backs, but instead encourages entitlement and laziness, near-record high unemployment while we protect trees and pale sturgeons, and rare flowers instead of putting people to work mining coal, exploring for oil, and drilling for natural gas. Well folks, the trees are dead. They got protected so well, they are DEAD. Shall we put people to work opening roads, cutting trees, hauling trees, milling trees, selling trees, and hauling lumber? Or, shall we just let the two million acres of dead trees north of I-70 burn while we contemplate the greater good of pale sturgeons and rare flowers?

Career politicians in Washington, I am wide awake, and like lots of Americans, I am mad. I will win this election but I swear to you that I will step down after three terms. I know and understand the needs of the Third District, particularly in the area of energy resources and jobs. Don't believe me just because I say so. Challenge me. Find out who I am and what I believe. Visit my website and write or call me with your questions. Let's get 'er done folks. It is time to take it back: a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

I want to hear from you and I want your vote. Please visit my website to contact me directly. Let's get America back on course.

Sincerely,
Bob McConnell
bob@mcconnellforcongress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bruce DuFresne

Tired of unresponsive "representatives" who do as they're told?

Governance is too important to leave in the hands of politicians. We need to hold our representatives feet to the fire. We must watch every bill, demand that they read it fully and listen to us. We must be relentless in our civic duty because we have been asleep too long.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, CO, United States
I'm a conservative Republican who ran for Congress in Colorado's Third Congressional District in 2010. Though I lost the primary I gained an amazing insight into how politics works, and I met hundreds of wonderful, concerned citizens. Let's stay engaged in the mission. Write to me at beawatchman@aol.com, and keep the faith.