Friday, November 20, 2009

HOW ‘BOUT THIS SALAZAR HEALTH CARE?

I hate to say, I told you so, but…welcome to socialized medicine folks. As long as I can remember, women I love, my mother, my sisters, my niece have been told to have regular pap smears, perform monthly self exams of their breasts, and have annual mammograms. So this week, the United States Preventative Services Task Force, whose website is found under the United States Department of Health and Human Services, announced that women under the age of fifty don't need to do self exams, have regular pap smears, or annual mammography. Think about the general good I heard someone on NPR say tonight. What about our own health I asked myself. One of the women I love was diagnosed at age 25 with breast cancer. She is a survivor. Would she have survived twenty-five years until she was eligible for a mammogram under Salazar Care? A friend of mine who is a doctor told me tonight "no doctor in their right mind would go by what USPSTF says. We go by what the American Cancer Society says." By the way friends, the American Cancer Society is a private organization.

I went to the United States Preventative Services Task Force website tonight just to see what else is in the radar of this "panel of experts", hired by our government. Their index lists among other things, Hearing Impairment in Older Adults, Osteoporosis, Low Back Pain, and Impaired Vision in Older Adults. Welcome to "boomercide". I also discovered that this panel of government experts feels there is "insufficient evidence" to justify ultrasound testing among pregnant women in their third trimester. I could have spent the rest of the night, but you get the point. I wonder how many times the United States Preventative Services Task Force is mentioned in the health care bill John P. Salazar voted for last week. Ask him, I bet he doesn't have a clue.

Wake up people! Do you really want to trust the government and their "panel of experts" with your life? It is time to take our government back. I am Bob McConnell, and I will lead this fight, precinct by precinct, county by county, and state by state. I am a citizen leader, not a career politician, and we will win this fight, because failure is not an option.

John, it is time for you to go back to raising potatoes and stay away from tatas.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Bruce DuFresne

Tired of unresponsive "representatives" who do as they're told?

Governance is too important to leave in the hands of politicians. We need to hold our representatives feet to the fire. We must watch every bill, demand that they read it fully and listen to us. We must be relentless in our civic duty because we have been asleep too long.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, CO, United States
I'm a conservative Republican who ran for Congress in Colorado's Third Congressional District in 2010. Though I lost the primary I gained an amazing insight into how politics works, and I met hundreds of wonderful, concerned citizens. Let's stay engaged in the mission. Write to me at beawatchman@aol.com, and keep the faith.