Sunday, January 10, 2010

A PATRIOT'S CHALLENGE

As I travel around the twenty-nine counties of the Third Congressional District, I have been invited to speak to two kinds of groups: Tea Parties and Republicans. These groups meet at different times, and in different places. However, they share common values. They share a common heritage and common birth-right. They are Americans who love freedom, and our way of life. They are concerned that our values, and our way of life are being dismantled before our eyes.

I am a newcomer to this. I have never run for political office before. My campaign is not yet four months old. I want to thank the people of the Third CD who have made me feel so welcome, who have invited me to stay in their homes, who have questioned me so closely about my views, have prodded me to consider issues which are important to them, and have convinced me I am right, that we can take our country back. I want to thank both the Grand Junction Results, and the Southern Colorado Tea Parties for endorsing me, and trusting me to be their candidate. I want to thank Dick Wadhams for encouraging me to enter this race.

Some have expressed concern that I haven't paid my dues to my party, the Republican Party. They are correct. I have never been a politician. But I have always been a leader. I have led men in battle and on Mount Everest. I have been a leader in churches I attended growing up and as an adult. I have led search and rescue teams and ambulance crews. I might not have paid my dues to my Party, but I have paid my dues to my Country.

These two groups are knowledgeable, they are angry and they are determined. They voice a common need and need a common voice. The problems we face in 2010 are too important to leave to politicians. America needs leadership. A leader, by definition, unites people to accomplish a shared goal.

I challenge you to come together. United we prevail against any odds. Divided we fail. Republicans understand the mechanics of elections, the importance of money in winning races, and the history of our losses in 2004, 2006, and 2008 to John Salazar. Tea Parties understand issues. They bring tremendous enthusiasm and new energy to this fight. Republicans are angry that they can't find volunteers and foot soldiers. Tea Parties, like me, are newcomers to the political process but their conservative values are ageless. Republicans are concerned the Tea Parties threaten to take over the Party, or form a new third party. Tea Parties are angry that they aren't being heard, that they are being left out, that once again, issues that concern them will be lost in party politics. They are angry that "republicrats" will sell out to special interest groups and big money.

America needs us. Americans are crying out for leadership, bold action, clear choices, and for transparency in the way we select our representatives. Put aside your anger now, for the sake of our country.

America needs you, all of you. I challenge you to embrace each other. Find our common values. Trust that all of us share the common goal of defeating the liberal agenda that is devastating this country. Combine the strengths of the Republican Party and the Tea Party. Come together, because failure is not an option!
I need you to help me win this fight. I need your support in the caucuses, in the primary, and in the real prize, the general election, where together, we will take the Third Congressional District back for you.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bruce DuFresne

Tired of unresponsive "representatives" who do as they're told?

Governance is too important to leave in the hands of politicians. We need to hold our representatives feet to the fire. We must watch every bill, demand that they read it fully and listen to us. We must be relentless in our civic duty because we have been asleep too long.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, CO, United States
I'm a conservative Republican who ran for Congress in Colorado's Third Congressional District in 2010. Though I lost the primary I gained an amazing insight into how politics works, and I met hundreds of wonderful, concerned citizens. Let's stay engaged in the mission. Write to me at beawatchman@aol.com, and keep the faith.