Friday, March 12, 2010

A Leader's MAP: Phase One




Many of you have asked "exactly how do you intend to get us out of this mess?" Folks want to know my plan. Our government is being managed by crisis and disaster instead of objectives and goals. You have a right to know how I will spend my time as your elected representative. Here is Phase One of my three part MAP- the McConnell Action Plan. If I deviate from the MAP, I expect you to call me on it, loud and clear.

I. Victory Over Salazar - November 2, 2010 by a resounding margin.

II. November 3, 2010 - January 3, 2011 (when I am sworn in)

A. Create a congressional office that will be open, transparent, efficient, available, and accountable the day I am sworn in:

1. Create a website that will allow you to access information about my office.

2. Post my entire congressional budget on line so you will see how your money is spent.

3. Make the website a place where we can have a dialogue about whatever is on your mind.

4. Build a team of people who share my core values and beliefs and who will ALWAYS treat you with respect. No irrelevant form letters.

5. Create a calendar that allows me to be with you on a regular basis while always being in DC to vote for common sense solutions.

B. Contact like-minded conservatives and create a strategic plan for what we want to accomplish when Congress resumes in January 2011. I will reach out to Michelle Bachmann, Jason Chaffetz, and hopefully many new house members who are committed to stopping the insanity in government.


This is Phase One: accountability, clear and open communication and a coalition of like-minded conservatives. With these two things in place, we're ready for Phase Two: ROCK THE HOUSE. Forward this to everyone you know. A leader has a plan, and the plan is executed when you put me in the ring with Salazar, and get this seat back for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Bruce DuFresne

Tired of unresponsive "representatives" who do as they're told?

Governance is too important to leave in the hands of politicians. We need to hold our representatives feet to the fire. We must watch every bill, demand that they read it fully and listen to us. We must be relentless in our civic duty because we have been asleep too long.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, CO, United States
I'm a conservative Republican who ran for Congress in Colorado's Third Congressional District in 2010. Though I lost the primary I gained an amazing insight into how politics works, and I met hundreds of wonderful, concerned citizens. Let's stay engaged in the mission. Write to me at beawatchman@aol.com, and keep the faith.