Friday, September 3, 2010

MY WORK WITH LIBERTY CENTRAL

Folks, I hope you are well. I am happy to announce that I've been asked by LIBERTY CENTRAL, a national conservative activist group, to come on board as their COLORADO COLLABORATOR. Let me tell you a little bit about LIBERTY CENTRAL, and you'll see why this is such a great fit.

LIBERTY CENTRAL was founded in 2009 by Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, as a way to "bridge the gap between our nation's citizens and its Capitol and return to a government that adheres to our core Founding Principles - limited government, personal responsibility, individual liberty, free enterprise, and national security."

LIBERTY CENTRAL is a national resource for citizen activists. Its goal is to provide "educational resources and tangible ways to impact our current political environment." It is founded solidly on conservative principles.

My job will be to listen, to stay in touch with the important races throughout the state and, most importantly, identify issues that trouble our citizens. We're not interested in political party talking points. LIBERTY CENTRAL wants to understand the pulse of the conservative activist voice in Colorado and throughout the country.

Although I'll be working throughout the state, my friends in the Third District will remain an invaluable resource for this national clearinghouse of conservative education and information. Can you help me "name" what is most troubling to you as voters, citizens, and conservatives? Contact me, and we'll start talking in depth. Meanwhile, please visit the LIBERTY CENTRAL website for some excellent resources.

I'm heading to DC next week to meet with Ginni Thomas and others throughout the nation who are part of this dynamic organization. We'll also be a part of the historic MARCH ON WASHINGTON DC on September 12th. As I walk in protest that day, I will carry you in my heart.

Since the primary, I have fished in Alaska, backpacked in the Zirkel Wilderness, pushed cattle in the Wet Mountain Valley and...seen my first grandchild off to college. This is an amazing country we live in and we need to restore the freedoms that have brought us this far. Look forward to hearing what's on your mind.

God bless you, and keep the faith,
Bob McConnell
bmcconnell@libertycentral.org
970-846-4907

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bruce DuFresne

Tired of unresponsive "representatives" who do as they're told?

Governance is too important to leave in the hands of politicians. We need to hold our representatives feet to the fire. We must watch every bill, demand that they read it fully and listen to us. We must be relentless in our civic duty because we have been asleep too long.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, CO, United States
I'm a conservative Republican who ran for Congress in Colorado's Third Congressional District in 2010. Though I lost the primary I gained an amazing insight into how politics works, and I met hundreds of wonderful, concerned citizens. Let's stay engaged in the mission. Write to me at beawatchman@aol.com, and keep the faith.